Applicants who sat for the Unified Tertiary matriculation Examination (UTME) may be admitted into the first year degree programme if;
- they attain the approved UTME minimum score.
- by the first day of October of the year of admission they possess the Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSSC) or the General Certificate of Education (Ordinary level) or equivalent certificate with credit level passes in atleast five subjects, including English language obtained in one or two sittings.
iii. In addition to the University general requirements, applicants must satisfy the Faculty/Departmental requirements for the programmes of their choices as approved by the University Senate. Five O’level credit passes including English Languages, mathematics, Biology, and any two other science subjects. Candidates are expected to sit for English Language, Biology and any two of physics, mathematics and chemistry.
(b) Admission by Direct Entry
- A minimum of a lower credit pass at the ND in the relevant discipline.
Applicants for admission by direct entry shall;
- Satisfy the requirements as outlined in (ii) and (iii) under admission, above.
- Possess at least one of the following qualifications
- At least two science subjects including Zoology/ Biology passed at the advanced or principal level of GCE/HSC.
- Passes at the credit/merit level in at least two major subjects including Biology in the NCE.
- A first university degree or HND or its equivalent.
- Any other qualifications acceptable to the Senate.
- Deferment of Admission
- Candidates to be considered for deferment of admission shall be only those candidates admitted through UTME or Direct Entry.
- Applicants to JAMB for deferment of admission shall be copied to the Registrar, Nnamdi Azikiwe university and shall be made within the first 2(two) weeks of the session.
DURATION OF PROGRAMME
The duration of the undergraduate programme is four years or eight academic semesters for UME candidates and three years or six academic semesters for Direct Entry candidates.
2.2. Pre-Science Programme (PSP)
The University operates a Pre-Science programme for the Faculties of Agriculture, Biosciences, Engineering and technology, Environmental Sciences, Medicine, Pharmaceutical sciences, and Physical Sciences.
- All applicants into the PSP must: Complete and submit to the Pre-Science Unit an application for admission on the prescribed from obtained from that Unit.
- Possess the Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSSC) or General Certificate of Education (GCE) (Ordinary level) or any equivalent certificate with passes at credit level in at least five subjects obtained in not more than two sittings, and including at least two science subjects chosen from Agriculture Science, Biology/Health Science, Chemistry, Home Economics/Home Management, Mathematics/Further Mathematics, Physics or any science(s) acceptable to the Senate of the University.
- Candidate who pass the prescribed PSP examination and achieve set standards of pass in UMTE are admitted into appropriate programmes.