Nnamdi Azikiwe University Faculty of Law International Conference
Domestic Violence is a global problem that has in recent time assumed an alarming proportion and dimension. The consequences of this social menace are legion. It takes a devastating toll on women, men, families, and nations. The theme of this conference focuses on different forms of domestic violence and its consequences. The conference promises to provide a forum for scholars, human rights activists, students and researchers to converge, brainstorm and proffer solutions on how this violence could be arrested or at least reduced to the barest minimum within the shortest possible time in order to avoid future occurrences and attendant consequences.
Guidelines for Paper Submission.
All abstracts and papers for presentation at the 1st Faculty of Law, Nnamdi Azikiwe University Annual International Conference must respond to the theme of the conference “Global Prevalence of Domestic Violence and the Role of Law”. The following sub-themes may also be considered:
- Violence against Children.
- Violence against Domestic Servants
- Violence against Parent and Grand Parents
- Spousal Violence
- Violence arising from Harmful Traditional Practices.
- Violence against Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals and Transgenders LGBTs
Proposals for a Panel:
- University Scholars, Researchers, Policy Makers, Gender Rights activists, and NGOs can submit joint proposals for special panel discussions on any topic that explores the theme of the conference.
- Abstracts should be between 350 – 400 words while full paper should be between 4000 – 6000 words
- Abstract submission Deadline: January 15, 2020
- Selected abstracts for presentation to be notified on or before January 22, 2020
- Full paper and powerpoint submission deadline: March 10, 2020.
- All papers to be presented in the English language
- OSCOLA citation Guide style of referencing to be complied with by all presenters at the conference
- All submissions to the conference must be typed double-spaced in Microsoft Word using Times New Roman
- Presenters should supply between 5-7 keywords.
- Authors should write their names only on a separate cover sheet for the purpose of blind Review but the title of the presentation must appear at the top of each page of the full paper for easy identification.
- All abstracts should be submitted at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full Paper should be SUBMITTED HERE
- All queries should be sent to email@example.com