ISSN 1595-1685 AUGUST 14, 2017 vol. 10 NO. 27
|You are addressed as you are dressed!!!. Indecent dressers and persons of unacceptable conduct, Beware!!! UNIZIK Dress Code Committee is watching you!!!|
The sale of the Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB) programmes for the 2017/2018 session has been extended to 8th of September, 2017.
The sale of form for Postgraduate programmes of Nnamdi Azikiwe University for the 2017/2018 academic year has been extended till 15th of September, 2017.
The University staff is by this, informed to visit the website: www.bit.ly/naustaffbio or www.unizik.edu.ng to update and activate their records and other relevant information for harmonization of personnel records.
According to a letter signed by the Ag. University Bursar, Mrs. Joy Ojukwu, this exercise is mandatory for all staff, hence, compliance is required urgently.
The University Community over the weekend permeated Nnarambia, Ahiazu-Mbaise, VC’s hometown, to commiserate with the Vice- Chancellor, Prof. Joseph E. Ahaneku, FAS and his family over the demise of Rev. Sister Rose Okechi Ahaneku.
Celebrating the mass on behalf of the Catholic Bishop of Ahiara Diocese, Bishop Most Rev. Dr. Peter Okpalaeke, the Vicar General, Rev’d. Fr. Okechukwu Ebi, consoled the family and urged them to continue in the path their sister had towed while on earth. He also called on the family’s well wishers to keep praying for the repose of the deceased.
In his sermon, Rev’d. Fr. Chika Okpalike urged the family not to mourn as those without hope but take solace in the fact that she has fought a good fight and has gone to dwell in God’s kingdom. He charged friends and well wishers of the family not to relent in praying for the family. He further urged the people to become good ambassadors of Christ wherever they find themselves and not lose touch of humanity.
Delivering the homily at the service of songs, Rev’d. Fr. Peter Ahaneku pointed out that the deceased lived and breathed Christ while on earth. According to him, she was a foot soldier of Christ, spreading the gospel of Christ wherever she found herself. Rev’d. Fr. Ahaneku urged the family to be consoled in the fact that their sister has gone to rest in the Lord.
In his reaction, the Vice-Chancellor expressed his gratitude to God for the life their sister spent on earth, while thanking everyone for finding time to mourn with the family which according to him has lessened the burden on the family. He described his late sister as one who had unparalleled burden for the downtrodden, very sacrificial and was all out to assist the needy around her. He added that she would be greatly missed by the family, loved ones and most especially, those that looked up to her as source of happiness owing to her humanitarian deeds on earth. Finally, he urged the University community not to relent in praying for the repose of her soul.
The burial was graced by priests around the country including Rev’d. Prof. Bonachristus Umeogu, and Rev. Sisters who came in their numbers to bid farewell to their departed colleague. Dignitaries that graced the funeral include past senate president, distinguished Senator Ken Nnamani, Governor Willie Obiano represented by the Honourable Commissioner for Education, Prof. Kate Omenugha, former commissioner of Local Government and Chieftaincy matters in Anambra State, Hon. Dubem Obaze, Traditional rulers amongst others.
Unizik Business School hereby invites applications from qualified Professionals of all background who are desirous of acquiring General Management Education for effective leadership and management in Business and Government.
Unizik Business School (UBS), Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka, Anambra State is an organised educational arm for management, business and leadership training instituted to impart relevant knowledge and skills that will create new industrialists, astute business persons, discerning corporate and institutional leaders, high level professionals and entrepreneurs that are driven by integrity and the highest ethical standards in their vocations.
POST GRADUATE DEGREES/CERTIFICATE PROGRAMMES
- Masters in Business Administration (Executive MBA)
- Masters in Public Administration (Executive MPA)
- MBA in Project Management
- MBA in Engineering Management
- M.Sc. Applied Economics
- M.Sc. Management
- M.Sc. Industrial Relations & Human Resource Mgt
- Post Graduate Diploma in Applied Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Leadership and Public Policy (PGDLPP)
- Executive Certificate programmes (International Management Programme, Chief Executive Programme, Business Owners Programme, Senior Management Programme, Agric. Business Management Programme).
An applicant into any of the above stated programmes should possess any of the following:
- i) Bachelors degree from any approved University with a minimum of Second Class Honours (Lower Division). For MSc, a minimum of 3.0 on a five point scale will be required.
- ii) Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) in Management Sciences and allied disciplines could also be considered for MBA/MSc Programmes.
All Candidates for admission must have a minimum of 3 years managerial/supervisory level work experience in Private or Public Sector and/or two years self employment experience.
DURATION OF PROGRAMMES
All programmes of Unizik Business School are offered on Saturdays and Sundays to suit the convenience of busy executives. The duration for the different programmes shall be a minimum of 24 months.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Visit Unizik Business School Portal (myunizik.edu.ng/ubs)
Create an account
Generate RRR Pin
Take the RRR Pin to any bank and make payment of N20,000.00
After Twenty-Four hours of payment, go back to the portal, log in with your user name and password.
Fill the form and submit online, you may print a copy for yourself.
FOR MORE ENQUIRIES CALL – 08034548236
Note: All applicants for the Professional Postgraduate Programmes will be subjected to an oral interview. The interview will be held at the Unizik Business School on Saturday, September 9th, 2017 by 12.00 noon. and the mop up interview would also take place on 2nd Saturday in October i.e. 14th, October 2017. This Notice serves as invitation to the oral interviews.
Alternatively, visit Unizik Business School and fill the forms manually.
Dr. I. H. Isidienu, FCAI
The Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Joseph Ahaneku, FAS has charged students and the youths to embrace Agripreneurship as a way of becoming self employed even while in school. Prof. Ahaneku gave this charge while interacting with the students of the faculty of Agriculture who paid a courtesy call on him at the council chambers recently.
The University Head averred that the university understands the place of Agriculture in the economy and is investing more in the students and the faculty, to ensure that the next crop of great agripreneurs emerge from the university.
He disclosed that the 7th Governing Council of the institution has approved the establishment of UNIZIK Farm, to create enabling environment for the students to put into practice what they study, as well as contribute to the Internally Generated Revenue (IGR). “This means we have an environment where the skills acquired will be tested, generate revenue, provide food for the university community and the immediate society”, Prof. Ahaneku stated.
He further advised the students to be committed and dedicated to their studies while charging them to excel in their chosen endeavour.
The Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Joseph Ahaneku, FAS has recently bagged an award of excellence from the Faculty of Agriculture of the institution.
The distinguished award of honour presented to the Vice-Chancellor by the National Association of Agricultural Students (UNIZIK Chapter), was in recognition and appreciation of the outstanding contributions of the Vice Chancellor to the development of the Faculty of Agriculture, UNIZIK.
While presenting the award, the President of the Association, Comrade Nwachikere Gideon expressed immense joy and appreciation to the Vice-Chancellor for his efforts in raising the status and giving a face-lift to the Faculty. He said the outstanding leadership qualities of the Vice-Chancellor have undoubtedly projected him as a visionary leader.
Prof. Ahaneku while receiving the award said the effect of the accolade will encourage his administration to do more for the faculty. He said that the Faculty of Agriculture is one that will redefine the essence of the skilled acquired in the University, which is transcended in the production of agricultural produce for the entire community and for the socioeconomic development of the country.
Prof. Ahaneku urged the students to always work hard, as they are already established in their course of study and by default are entrepreneurs, job creators and problem solvers in the society.
Present at the interaction were the Dean of the faculty, Prof. Charles Onugu, the Director of Infrastructure and Development, Prof. Godson Okafor and the Director of the Continuing Education Programme, Prof. Ada Sam-Omenyi.
The Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Joseph Ahaneku has urged the undergraduate students of the university to maximize their stay during the holidays and be productive. He gave this advice in a meeting with some students of the University at the Council Chambers, recently.
In his fatherly advice, he urged the students to travel home and be helpful to their parents and themselves since they have concluded their second semester examinations.
He further charged them to engage themselves positively and be productive during the long vacation, praying for safe trip to as many that are traveling.
The Federal Road Safety Commission, Anambra State Command has approved the Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Department of Psychology, Psychological Services Centre for the assessment and psychotherapy (when required) of traffic offenders in the state.
The Department of Psychology also expressed appreciation to the Vice-Chancellor for the Department.
The Anti-corruption and Transparency Monitoring Unit (ACTU), Nnamdi Azikiwe University (NAU), Awka Chapter calls on the University Community to report any case of sorting, forgery and misappropriation, bribery, extortion, illegal sale of handouts, sexual harassment, intimidation, humiliation, admission racketeering to the Unit or send a text message to 09030612428 or 08152307842.
In line with the Vice-Chancellor’s vision for skill acquisition and youth empowerment, the Chisco Institute for Transportation Studies, Nnamdi Azikiwe University invites the University Community to a free six (6) weeks basic course on auto mechatronics for the intending graduands and staff of the University.
The training will be on “first come first serve basis” as the first twenty (20) applicants will commence the training, while others will queue up in batches.
The training is due to commence by 1st week of September, 2017.
Parking of vehicles, picking or loading of passengers at the front of Admin Block ‘A’ roundabout and Beautiful Gate is prohibited henceforth.
This is to avoid recklessness of some drivers that load, pick or off-load passengers by Admin Block or Beautiful gate. The University Community is advised to adhere to this directive as the safety of lives outweighs any other consideration.
The 2018 NAU Retirees have written to express their immense gratitude to the Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Joseph E. Ahaneku, FAS for graciously providing the bus that conveyed them to and fro Enugu for verification and Enrolment exercise.
2015 and 2016 fresh federal government scholarship award to students in Nigerian public tertiary institutions
The Honourable Minister of Education, Hon. Mallam Adamu Adamu has approved the conduct of 2015 and 2016 Fresh Federal Scholarship Awards to students in Nigerian Public Tertiary Institutions. Consequently, Federal Scholarship Board (FSB) has concluded the election processes and the following UNIZIK, Awka students have been offered scholarship:
|1.||37069361IJ||CHIMAOBI CHIDIEBUBE JAMES||M||ABIA||NGWA-SOUTH||UNIZIK||Law||2|
|2.||37069101JD||EKE ELIZABETH CHIDINMA||F||ASIA||BENDE||UNIZIK||Medicine and surgery||2|
|3.||37069085EE||MADAKOR UGOCHUKWU F||M||ABIA||NNEOCHI||UNIZIK||Chemical Engrn.||5|
|4.||3706936216||IFEDIGBO CHUKWUEBUKA UZON>||M||ANAMBRA||NNEWI-NORTH||UNIZIK||Law||2|
|5.||3706930SGD||ENUKORAH GLORIA CHINEN >||F||ANAMBRA||AWKA-SOUTH||UNIZIK||Nursing/Nursing Science||2|
|6.||37069356AH||CHIMA JOHN UZOCHUK WU-OBI||M||ANAMBRA||NNEWI-SOUTH||UNIZIK||Law||2|
|7.||37069351CC||EMMANUEL 0 NDUKAIFE||M||ANAMBRA||1H1ALA||UNIZIK||Medicine and Surgery||2|
|9.||47087112FF||Ojemeni Akachukwu Victor||M||ANAMBRA||IHIALA||UNIZIK||Computer Science||2|
|10.||37069331IC||Agbo Theophilus Nwanyigor||M||EBONY!||OHAUKWU||UNIZIK||Medicine and Surgery||2|
|11.||37069339FI||Okafor Charles Chukwunomunso||M||Enugu||Ezeagu||UNIZIK||Medicine and Surgery||4|
|12.||37069383CD||Idoko Kingsley Odinaka||M||Enugu||Igbo-Eze-North||UNIZIK||Medicine and Surgery||4|
|13.||37069090CJ||Victor Chigoziri Nwankwo||M||Rivers||Omuma||UNIZIK||Medicine and Surgery||2|
The University Management at its 335th regular meeting held on Monday, 19th June, 2017 considered the report of the Students Disciplinary Committee on different offences leveled against the following students:
|1.||Eboh, Nkiruka P.||Accountancy||2011403166||Forgery of School fees teller|
|2.||Olasunkanmi||Accountancy||2011403150||Forgery of School fees teller|
|3.||Isibor, Henry Nkem||Accountancy||2011403128||Forgery of School fees teller|
|4.||Ngobili, Chuba Byron||Medical Rehabilitation||2012614144||Smoking of Indian hemp|
|5.||Metu, Pascal||Medical Rehabilitation||2013614225||Smoking of Indian hemp|
|6.||Okany, Charles Chika||Anatomy||2011704020||Stealing|
|7.||Sunday, Emmanuel Onyedika||Chemical Engineering||2011214002||Impersonation|
|8.||Nnanyelugo, Ifeanyi||Business Administration||2002423137||Forgery of Degree result|
|9.||Anizoba, Hilary Ifeanyi||Sociology & Anthropology||2001154360||Forgery of Degree result|
|10.||Madiebo, Christian Chiagozie||Psychology||2001144326||Forgery of Degree result|
|11.||Ajogwu, Ijeoma V.||Computer Science||2000514115||Forgery of Degree result|
|12.||Ibekwe, Ejike||Medical Rehabilitation||2013614122||Stealing, Fighting and Cultism|
Management noted as follows:
- that the students were caught and admitted that they committed the stated offence. Consequent upon the above, Management directed that they be expelled, and they are hereby expelled from the University with immediate effect.
- Also, they are directed to surrender their student identity card and any property of the University in their possession to the Security Department and totally keep off from the University premises.
Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka has been selected as one of the Universities to benefit from the 2018 Rhodes scholarship for West Africa.
Rhodes Scholarship is the oldest and most prestigious international scholarship programme established in 1903. It is aimed at nurturing public-spirited leaders for the world’s future.
The Rhodes Scholarships “the Scholarship” are postgraduate awards that support exceptionally bright students from around the world to study at the University of Oxford, United Kingdom.
The selected scholar will be entitled to:
- Fully tuition fees to pursue any course available at Oxford for two years with an option of a third year.
- A maintenance stipend that will cover accommodations, feedings and incidentals.
- Tailored leadership courses designed to equip the Scholar on how to solve critical problems in any community.
- One economy class airfare to and from Oxford at the beginning and end of tenure.
For more information on the application procedure, eligibility criteria and how to apply for the 2018 Scholarship, visit www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk. The application process is open and will close on 30th September, 2017.
A professor from the Department of Human Kinetics and Health Education, Faculty of Education, Prof. Anthony Ikechchukwu Ogbalu shall deliver the 38th Nnamdi Azikiwe University inaugural lecture on the topic “Health Education: The master key to healthy living.”
Date: Thursday, 17th August, 2017
Venue: The University Auditorium
Time: 11.00 a.m. prompt
Chike Okoli Centre for Entrepreneurial Studies (COCES), UNIZIK is organsing, during the long vacation period a programme for skill acquisition training in the following skills:
- Information Communication Technology (General Literature, Networking and Programming Language)
- Computer Aided Design (Auto CAD & ArchiCAD 2D & 3D)
- Wirework & Beading
- Millinery (Hat making)
- Fashion Designing
- Shoe and Bag making
- k) Bee Keeping & Honey Production
- I) Auto Mechanics
- m) Paint Production
- n) Household Chemicals Production
- o) Cosmetology
- p) Fishery & Aquatic Management
- q) Woodwork Technology
- r) Snail Rearing
- s) Poultry
- t) Electrical Work
- u) Electronics/ Computer
- v) Welding & Fabrication
- w) Makeover & Gele Artistry
- x) Grass Cutter Production, Rabbit Production & White Rat Production
Interested candidates are requested to come to the Centre for the programme.
Duration: July, 31st – September 8th, 2017 (6 weeks)
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Continuing Education Programme (CEP) of Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, for the 2017/2018 Academic Session leading to the award of the Bachelor’s Degree in the following disciplines:
PROGRAMMES: Courses will be offered in the following Faculties/Departments:
- FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
- Department of Agricultural Economics and Extension
- Department of Animal Science and Technology
- Department of Crop Science and Horticulture
- Department of Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Department of Food Science and Technology
- Department of Forestry and Wildlife Management
- Department of Soil Science and Land Resources Mgt
- FACULTY OF ARTS
- Department of English Language and Literature
- Department of History and International Studies
- Department of Igbo, African and Asian Studies
- Department of Linguistics
- Department of Modern and European Languages
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Religion and Human Relations
- Department of Music
- FACULTY OF EDUCATION
1 Department of Adult Education with Options
- Adult Education/Accountancy
- Adult Education/Economics
- Adult Education/Marketing
- Adult Education/Mass Communication
- Adult Education/Political Science
- Dept. of Educational Mgt & Policy with Options
- Educational Management & Policy/Accountancy
- Educational Mgt & Policy/Business Administration
- Educational Management & Policy/Health Education
- Educational Management & Policy/Political Science
- Educational Mgt & Policy/Computer Science
- Educational Mgt & Policy/Cooperative Economics & Mgt.
- Educational Management & Policy/Economics
- Educational Management & Policy/English
- Educational Management & Policy/Igbo
- Educational Management & Policy/History
- Dept of Early Childhood & Primary Education
- Dept of Educational Foundations with Options
- Educational Foundations/English
- Educational Foundations/Political Science
- Educational Foundations/Economics
- Educational Foundations/Igbo
- Educational Foundations/French
- Educational Foundations/History
- Dept of Guidance & Counselling with Options
- Guidance & Counselling
- Guidance & Counselling/Biology
- Guidance & Counselling/Health
- Dept of Human Kinetics and Health Education with Options
- Human Kinetics
- Health Education
- Department of Library and Information Science
- Department of Science Education with Options
- Science Education/Biology
- Science Education/Chemistry
- Science Education/Integrated Science
- Science Education/Mathematics
- Science Education/Physics
- Science Education/Computer Science
- Department of Vocational Education with Options
- Business Education/Accounting
- Business Education/Commerce & Cooperative
- Business Education/Secretarial Technology
- Technical Education – Building/Woodwork
- Technical Education – Auto Mechanical Technology
- Technical Education – Electrical/Electronics
- FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
- Business Administration
- Public Administration
- Cooperative Economic and Management
- Banking and Finance
- FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Mass Communication
- Political Science
The minimum academic qualification is exactly the same as for those applying for admission through UTME, namely, five O’ Level credits in the GCE, SSCE, TCII examinations or their equivalents. Faculty/Departmental requirements must also be fulfilled. Candidates with November/December 2017 results are not eligible to apply.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Visit the Registration point at the CEP Unit
- Generate RRR pin for application form fee payment
- Take the RRR printout, to any Bank within the Campus and make payment of N10,000 for application form. Then
- Go back to the registration point at the CEP Unit for online Registration.
RETURN OF COMPLETED FORMS
Candidate should then
- Proceed to the CEP General Office to submit a photocopy of the online application form printout with photocopies of the claimed qualifications securely attached to the application form on or before Friday, 29th September 2017.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Sale of forms commences on Tuesday 1st August, 2017 and ends on Friday 29th September, 2017.
- There will be a Pre-Admission Examination
- Candidate for Pre-Admission Examination must appear physically for Biometric Data Capturing at the CEP Unit Registration Centre from Friday 13th October to Friday 27th October 2017, at 8.00am daily.
- Failure to appear for Biometric Capturing automatically disqualifies a candidate from participating in the Pre-Admission Examination.
The CEP Pre-Admission Examination is scheduled for Saturday November 11th, 2017 by 8:00am.
PLEASE NOTE: ANY CANDIDATE WHO IS NOT CAPTURED WILL NOT TAKE THE EXAMINATION
Dr. I. H. Isidienu, FCAI
JOINT UNIVERSITIES PRELIMINARY EXAMINATIONS BOARD (JUPEB)
ADMISSION INTO THE JOINT UNIVERSITIES PRELIMINARY EXAMINATIONS BOARD (JUPEB)
PROGRAMME FOR 2017/2018 SESSION
|Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB) Programme for 2017/2018 session.
The programme leads to the award of JUPEB Certificate which enables candidates gain Direct Entry Admissions into Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka and other JUPEB-affiliated Universities in Nigeria and Abroad.
Eligible candidates must possess minimum of Credit Level Pass at maximum of two (2) sittings in at least 5 subjects (inclusive of English Language) relevant to the candidate’s desired course of study in the University.
The duration of the programme is one academic session of two semesters.
AVAILABLE SUBJECT COMBINATIONS
Candidates are to note that the above listed subject combinations meet the requirements (as applicable) for admission into Degree Programmes in the Sciences, Social Sciences, Management Sciences and Arts courses in all JUPEB-affiliated Universities in Nigeria including Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka
METHOD OF APPLICATION
i. Visit: portal.unizik.edu.ng/jupeb
ii. Click on create profile. Enter your Surname, First Name, Middle Name, Email, Phone number etc. and click on SUBMIT. A Registration number and password will be generated for you. Print or copy out both the Registration number and password for login and click on Finish to be redirected to the login page.
|iii. Enter the Registration Number as your username and the password as your password, and click on LOGIN.
iv. Click on STEP ONE, click on Generate RRR. Your registration number name, email, phone number and application form fee of 15,000 naira will be displayed. Click on GENERATE.
v. Print out your invoice and proceed to bank to make the required payment of 15,000 naira. The account number is the RRR number on your invoice
vi. Visit the portal 2 hours after your bank payment, login with your Registration number and your password.
vii. Click on STEP TWO, click on Confirm Payment. Your registration number, name, e-mail and phone number will be displayed. Enter the RRR number and click on VERIFY PAYMENT. You will see a notification: “payment verification successful” or “Transaction pending”. If your payment verification is successful proceed to (Viii), else retry (Vii) until the payment verification is successful.
viii. Click on STEP THREE, click fill application form, fill out the application form and click on SUBMIT
ix. Print out your acknowledgment slip:
x. Applicants into 2017/2018 Preliminary Programme are advised to be checking our website from time to time for their admission status and other relevant information.
xi. All candidates are required to register for 2018 JAMB Direct Entry during the programme.
xii. All Candidates are required to use valid e-mail addresses and PERSONAL Telephone Numbers.
xiii. The forms must be filled and submitted online either immediately or within two weeks of accessing the website. No downloaded or printed copies of forms will be accepted.
xiv. Candidates are advised to follow the Application Instructions very carefully and ensure they select the Correct SUBJECT COMBINATIONS. Failure to do so may adversely affect the Candidate
Phone: 08122466487, 08071595824
E-mail: [email protected]
Submission of online forms now extended to Friday, 8th September, 2017 at 11.59 pm.
Dr. I. H. Isidienu, FCAI
Faculty of Medicine Loses staff
The department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, College of Health Sciences, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Nnewi Campus has lost one of her staff, Dr. Mrs. Monica Nonye Nwosu on Vigil Mass at her family compound, Amaeze Oraukwu; Thursday, 24th August, 2017 by 10.00 a.m. – funeral mass at St. Joseph Catholic Church, Oraukwu. Interment follows immediately at her family compound.
Emeritus Profesor Ogum Bows Out
Emeritus Professor Godwin Enwelum Onyemaeke Ogum, KSP has passed on. He died after a brief illness on Friday, 14th July, 2017. Burial arrangements will be communicated later.
Philosophy Department Loses Student
The Department of Philosophy has lost one of their 100 Level Students, Agu Jennifer with registration no. 2016084033. The sad event took place on 10th of July, 2017.
Department of Sociology/Anthropology Loses Staff
The Catholic Cathedral Umuahia has written to inform the University Community of the death of Rev. Fr. Dr. Peter Ositadinma Akogu, Department of Sociology/Anthropology. The sad event took place on Monday, 24th of July, 2017. He will be buried on Monday, 7th of August, 2017 at the Catholic Cathedral, Umuahia, Abia State.
The Ag. Head, Department of Botany, Dr. Kenneth Udeh Ekwealor has lost his mother, Mrs. Regina Nkwute who died at the age of 81. She will be buried on 18th of August, 2017 in her village Umuobu Anam Otuocha, Anambra East Local government Area.
The Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Joseph Ahaneku, FAS regrets to announce the demise of:
- Chief Mrs. Virgina Okika ( Iyom Nwawulumaru), Nee Odenigbo who died at the age of 74. Burial Arrangements: Friday 25th August 2017 – Body leaves Enugwu Ukwu general hospital mortuary her home town; late Elder Paul Okika’s compound Uruorji village Nri for lying in state. Burial service commences at 10.00am. Interment follows immediately at her residence. Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th August, 2017 – Condolence visits continue. Until her death, she was the mother of Mrs. Okafor Ogochukwu Esther of the Senate Unit, UNIZIK.
- Timothy Anako Ikezue whose death occurred on Saturday, 29th of July, 2017. He will be buried on Friday, 22nd September, 2017 at his home town, Umueri in Ogbunike town. Until his death, he was the father of Dr. Clement Emeka Ikezue of the Department of Sociology/Anthropology.
- Cyprian Oguejiofor who died after a ghastly motor accident. He will be buried on Friday, 18th August, 2017 at his home town in umuohama Ukpor, Nnewi south Local Government Area, Anambra State. Until his death, he was the father of Oguejiofor Chinedu Hyacinth, a driver attached to the Office of the Vice-Chancellor.
- Adline Elebeobasi Okafor who died on the 13th of June, 2017 at the age of 84. Until her death, she was the mother of Mrs. Florence T. Sibeudu, Department of Nursing Science. Burial Arrangements: 31st August, 2017 – Wake keep at her family village, Owerre Ezukalla Orumba South L. G. A., Anambra State; 1st September, 2017 – Body leaves Iyi-Enu Mission Hospital Ogidi to the family compound, Owerre Ezukalla, Funeral Service at St. Mary’s Anglican Church, Owerre Ezukalla, Interment, condolence visits and entertainment at her family compound Ezukalla; 2nd September, 2017 – Thanksgiving Service at St. Mary’s Anglican Church, Owerre Ezukalla
VICE – CHANCELLOR’S SECURITY LINES
Please if you have any information on any
atter bothering you ranging from extortion of money, sexual harassment, intimidation or bad work habit; kindly send a text to the following numbers: 08136006205, 08063786022, and the Vice-Chancellor will investigate and take action. Confidentiality is assured.
This Bulletin is printed and published by the Directorate of Information & Public Relations (DIPR) of the Vice – Chancellor’s office.