ISSN 1595-1685 AUGUST 07, 2017 vol. 10 NO. 26
|You are addressed as you are dressed!!!. Indecent dressers and persons of unacceptable conduct, Beware!!! UNIZIK Dress Code Committee is watching you!!!|
The Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Joseph. E. Ahaneku has lost his sister, Rev. Sis. Rose Okechi Ahaneku, who died recently. The burial has been slated to hold as follows:
Thursday 10th August 2017 by 5pm; Service of songs/Overview of her Life and times at Chief sir Lazarus I. Ahaneku’s Compound, Umuezereugwu Village, Nnarambia-Ahiara Ahiazu L.G.A, Imo State.
Friday 11th August, 2017; Burial Mass at the same venue, time- 11am.
The sale of form Postgraduate programmes of Nnamdi Azikiwe University for the 2017/2018 academic year has been extended till 15th of September, 2017.
The University staff is by this, informed to visit the website: www.bit.ly/naustaffbio or www.unizik.edu.ng to update and activate their records and other relevant information for harmonization of personnel records.
According to a letter signed by the Ag. University Bursar, Mrs. Joy Ojukwu, this exercise is mandatory for all staff, hence, compliance is required urgently.
The Methodist Bishop of Onitsha Diocese, Rt. Revd. Biereonwu Livinus Onuagha has commended the Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Joseph Ahaneku, fas on the peace and cordiality existing in the University, as well as the giant strides he has recorded.
The Rt. Revd. Onuagha made this commendation when he paid a courtesy call on the Vice-Chancellor recently.
He described the VC as a liberal minded person and humility personified, whose open arm policy is evident in the relative peace and love existing in the University. He prayed for God’s grace and wisdom upon the Vice-Chancellor to record more ground breaking achievements in his remaining years in office.
In his reaction, Prof. Ahaneku expressed his delight over the visit, noting that the prayers of the Shepherds in the Lord’s vineyard have been the secret of the relative peace and success in the University.
Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka has been selected as one of the Universities to benefit from the 2018 Rhodes scholarship for West Africa.
Rhodes Scholarship is the oldest and most prestigious international scholarship programme established in 1903. It is aimed at nurturing public-spirited leaders for the world’s future.
The Rhodes Scholarships “the Scholarship” are postgraduate awards that support exceptionally bright students from around the world to study at the University of Oxford, United Kingdom.
The selected scholar will be entitled to:
- Fully tuition fees to pursue any course available at Oxford for two years with an option of a third year.
- A maintenance stipend that will cover accommodations, feedings and incidentals.
- Tailored leadership courses designed to equip the Scholar on how to solve critical problems in any community.
- One economy class airfare to and from Oxford at the beginning and end of tenure.
For more information on the application procedure, eligibility criteria and how to apply for the 2018 Scholarship, visit www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk. The application process is open and will close on 30th September, 2017.
A professor from the Department of Health Education, Faculty of Education, Prof. Anthony Ikechchukwu Ogbalu shall deliver the 38th Nnamdi Azikiwe University inaugural lecture on the topic “Health Education: The master key to healthy living.”
Date: Thursday, 17th August, 2017
Venue: The University Auditorium
Time: 11.00 a.m. prompt
Chike Okoli Centre for Entrepreneurial Studies (COCES), UNIZIK is organsing, during the long vacation period a programme for skill acquisition training in the following skills:
- Information Communication Technology (General Literature, Networking and Programming Language)
- Computer Aided Design (Auto CAD & ArchiCAD 2D & 3D)
- Wirework & Beading
- Millinery (Hat making)
- Fashion Designing
- Shoe and Bag making
- k) Bee Keeping & Honey Production
- I) Auto Mechanics
- m) Paint Production
- n) Household Chemicals Production
- o) Cosmetology
- p) Fishery & Aquatic Management
- q) Woodwork Technology
- r) Snail Rearing
- s) Poultry
- t) Electrical Work
- u) Electronics/ Computer
- v) Welding & Fabrication
- w) Makeover & Gele Artistry
- x) Grass Cutter Production, Rabbit Production & White Rat Production
Interested candidates are requested to come to the Centre for the programme.
Duration: July, 31st – September 8th, 2017 (6 weeks)
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Academic and the Board Chairman, UHS, Prof. Charles Esimone has pleaded with parents, guardians, benefactors and friends of the University to give Nnamdi Azikiwe University High School more face-lifts, by endowing the school with structures.
Prof. Esimone made this plea at UNIZIK High School’s Graduation/Prize-giving Ceremony at the University Auditorium held recently. The DVC Academic appreciated all present for the event, especially parents. He, however, urged parents to join forces with teachers in the moulding of the students, by instilling discipline. Also, he called on the students to maintain good character, as that can take them high in life.
The Chairman of the event, Prof. Dennis Aribodor in his remarks gave an insight into the dwindling nature of education in Nigeria. He captured his speech, “we have a duty”. He called on parents, guardians, teachers, government official, students and workers to match actions with prayers, as education can be made priority for the future.
To the graduands, he said it was both an end and a beginning to a greater future. He frowned at indiscipline and noted that UHS will not tolerate it. Finally, he appreciated the Management and teachers of UHS and requested that they do not relent, but to keep the flag flying.
The Principal of the School, Lady Chibuzo Victoria Onyejike expressed joy at 5th graduation ceremony of the High School. She thanked all who made effort to be present. She said the graduation coincided with the school’s 10th anniversary. Lady Onyejike thanked God that no lives have been lost.
According to her, the event calls for thanksgiving to God and to congratulate the 64 graduands who have toiled very hard for six (6) years.
She enumerated the progress recorded in two years, while thanking the Executive Governor of Anambra State, Chief Dr. Willie Obiano for his support to the school, and condoled with him on the death of his mother. She also thanked the VC, Prof. Joseph E. Ahaneku, FAS for directing the High School aright, also to the University Community, parents and every other person that has contributed to the success of the day’s activities.
Again, she listed the challenges facing the school, while expressing hope that any help done to the school will be well managed. After her speech, there was a performance by the Colour Party and the students of the School.
Highlight of the occasion was presentation of gifts to the graduands, drama presentation and the launch of the school’s magazine.
year 2015/2016 (MERGED) tetfund research projects intervention
Below is the list and details of Approved Research Projects under Batch 8th of TETFund 2015/2016 Research Projects (RP) Intervention for Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka.
|Researchers of the various Research Teams||Duration of Research||Lead Researcher (i.e. Team Leader)||Remarks|
|1.||Music as a Tool in Enhancing the Intellectual, Moral and Spiritual Development of Children in Early Childhood: A Study of Selected Pre- Primary Schools in Anambra State.||2||6-Months||Dr. (Mrs.) Esimone Chinyerc Celestina||Not recommended because cost implication on Lead Researchers form is not same with the on in the proposal|
|2.||Cost-Benefit of Investment on Quality in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing: Pi« and Post WHO Certificate of a Nigerian Pharmaceutical Manufacturer||2||6-Months||Dr. Obinna I. Ekwunife||Disbursement for 5Nos. Staff RP|
|3.||Bio Enhancing Properties of Dennettiatripetala Extract: The Involvement of Cytochrome p450 3A Inhibition and their Effects on Pharmacokinetics Properties of Selected Antiretroviral Agents||2||9-Months||Dr. Sunday Odunke Nduka|
|4..||Drug Use Indicators in Patient with Type 2 Diabetes in Four Tertiary Healthcare Facilities in South Eastern Nigeria.||2||12-Months||Mr. Ogbonna Brian|
|5.||Investigating the Potential use of Moconazole Nitrate Solid Lipid Microparticles in the Treatment of Systemic Candidiasis||2||5-Months||Dr. Uronnachi|
|6.||The Isolation and Characterization of secondary Metabolities Derived from Soil Fungi, Anambra State.||10-Months||Dr. Ngwoke|
|Not Recommended because Research proposal was not attached on the submission|
|7.||Seasonal Changes of the Physico Chemical Properties Harophillic Micro Organisms and Enzymatic Properties of Harophiles Isolated from Uburu and Okposi Salt Lakes, Ohaozara Ebonyi State, Nigeria.||18-Months||Prof. Odibo Frederick J. C.||Not Recommended because Research proposal was not attached on the submission|
|Remediation of Herbicide Polluted Soils using Fungai Species||18-Months||Prof. Orji|
|Not Recommended because Research proposal was not attached on the submission|
|9.||Cervical Cancer Health Literacy among Female Secondary School Teachers in Anambra State||3||12-Months||Dr. (Mrs.) Nwafor Orizu Ejeagwu Obainuju|
2015/2016 (MERGED) tetfund conference attendance intervention
The 2015/2016 (merged) TETFund Conference Attendance (CA) Intervention (1st batch) has been released with the breakdown as follows:
|S/N||Candidate i.e. Approved Conference Attendee||Conference Title and Location & Country where the Conference is Tenable||Conference|
|1.||UMEOKOLI BLESSING OGECHUKWU||65TH INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS AND ANNUAL MEETING OF THE SOCIETY FOR MEDICINAL PLANT AND NATURAL PRODUCTS. SWITZERLAND||3RD – 7TH SEPT. 2017||NOT APPROVED. NO EVIDENCE OF PAPER ACCEPTED FOR PRESENTATION|
|2.||ANIUKWU NKEMAKONAM J.||ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE OFAFTA. WEST INDIES||6TH – 9TH JULY, 2017||APPROVED.|
|3.||CHITOM RACHEAL JOHN||INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ARTS AND SCIENCE, UK||7TH – 10TH NOV. 2017||NOT APPROVED. THIRD PARTY ORGANIZER|
|4.||PROF. ANTHONY NWEKE EZE||2017 JAMAICA INTERNATIONAL MULTIDISCIPLINARY ACADEMIC CONFERENCE. JAMAICA||30TH SEPT. – 2ND OCT. 2017||APPROVED.|
|5.||ESIMONE CHINYERE CELESTINA||INSTITUTE OF RESEARCH, LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT. USA||25TH – 27TH SEPT. 2017||NOT APPROVED. NO CONFERENCE FEE ON THE FLYER|
|6||EMMANUEL ONYEKA EBEKWE||ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE OF AFTA. WEST INDIES||6TH – 9TH JULY, 2017||APPROVED.|
|7||UZOH CHIGOZIE FRANCOLINS||10TH WORLD CONGRESS OF CHEMICAL ENGINEEERING. SPAIN||1ST – 5TH OCT. 2017||NOT APPROVED. NO EVIDENCE OF PAPER ACCEPTED FOR PRESENTATION|
|8||UZOH-CHIGOZIE NGOZI DORATHY||19TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON EMERGING TRENDS IN HIGHER EDUCATION. CANADA||7TH – 10TH AUG, 2017||NOT APPROVED. THIRD PARTY ORGANIZER|
|9||ASADU FELICIA OLUCHUKWU||INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ARTS AND SCIENCE, UK||7TH – 10TH NOV. 2017||NOT APPROVED. THIRD PARTY ORGANIZER|
|10||OKOYE OGBALU CHINEDU||26TH ENGINEERING ASSEMBLY. ABUJA||7TH – 9TH AUG. 2017||APPROVED.|
|11||CORDELIA OGBUZE||4TH ANNUAL ADMIN OFFICERS AND SECRETARIES CONFERENCE, LAGOS||16TH – 19TH OCT, 2017||NOT APPROVED. THIRD PARTY ORGANIZER|
|12||OZORAH NKECHI PAULINE||4TH ANNUAL ADMIN OFFICERS AND SECRETARIES CONFERENCE, LAGOS||16TH – 19TH OCT, 2017||NOT APPROVED, THIRD PARTY ORGANIZER|
|13||AMUZIE KANAYO CHUKWU||4TH ANNUAL ADMIN OFFICERS AND SECRETARIES CONFERENCE, LAGOS||16TH – 19TH OCT, 2017||NOT APPROVED. THIRD PARTY ORGANIZER|
|14||OKAFOR CHINWE UKWUOMA||4TH ANNUAL ADMIN OFFICERS AND SECRETARIES CONFERENCE, LAGOS||16TH – 19TH OCT, 2017||NOT APPROVED. THIRD PARTY ORGANIZER|
|15||CHUKWUME GLORIA||4TH ANNUAL ADMIN OFFICERS AND SECRETARIES CONFERENCE, LAGOS||16TH – 19TH OCT, 2017||NOT APPROVED. THIRD PARTY ORGANIZER|
|16||ONWUKAEBELE PROMISE||4TH ANNUAL ADMIN OFFICERS AND SECRETARIES CONFERENCE, LAGOS||16TH – 19TH OCT, 2017||NOT APPROVED. THIRD PARTY ORGANIZER|
|17||NWOYE THEREA A.||4TH ANNUAL ADMIN OFFICERS AND SECRETARIES CONFERENCE, LAGOS||16TH – 19TH OCT, 2017||NOT APPROVED. THIRD PARTY ORGANIZER|
|18||MAKINDE PETER OYEWOLE||4TH ANNUAL ADMIN OFFICERS AND SECRETARIES CONFERENCE, LAGOS||16TH – 19TH OCT, 2017||NOT APPROVED. THIRD PARTY ORGANIZER|
|19||ANENE OBIAGELI ROSELINE||4TH ANNUAL ADMIN OFFICERS AND SECRETARIES CONFERENCE, LAGOS||16TH – 19TH OCT, 2017||NOT APPROVED. THIRD PARTY ORGANIZER|
|20||UZOEZIE EJIKE C.||4TH ANNUAL ADMIN OFFICERS AND SECRETARIES CONFERENCE, LAGOS||16TH – 19TH OCT, 2017||NOT APPROVED. THIRD PARTY ORGANIZER|
|21||OKOYE NKECHI HELEN||THE FOREST PRODUCTS SOCIETY’S 71ST INTERNATIONAL CONVENTION. USA||26TH – 28TH JUNE, 2017||APPROVED.|
|INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ARTS AND SCIENCE, UK||28TH NOV – 1ST DEC, 2017||NOT APPROVED. THIRD PARTY ORGANIZER|
|23||OKEKE DAVID CHIZOBA||26TH ENGINEERING ASSEMBLY. ABUJA||7TH – 9TH AUG. 2017||APPROVED.|
|24||PROF. PATRICK AKPAN||WEST EAST INSTITUTE INTERNATIONAL ACADEMIC CONFERENCE IN BOSTON. USA||24TH – 27TH JULY, 2017||APPROVED.|
|25||PROF. CHARLES O. ES1MONE||11TH ANNUAL NAPPSA SCIENTIFIC CONFERENCE & EXPOSITION. HUSTON TEXAS, USA||21ST – 24TH SEPT. 2017||NOT APPROVED. NO EVIDENCE OF PAPER ACCEPTED FOR|
|26||AGBAPUONWU NOREEN E.||SIGMA THETATAU INTERNATIONAL 28TH INTERNATIONAL NURSING RESEARCH CONGRESS. DUBLIN||27TH – 31ST JULY, 2017||NOT APPROVED. NO EVIDENCE OF PAPER ACCEPTED FOR|
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Continuing Education Programme (CEP) of Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, for the 2017/2018 Academic Session leading to the award of the Bachelor’s Degree in the following disciplines:
PROGRAMMES: Courses will be offered in the following Faculties/Departments:
- FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
- Department of Agricultural Economics and Extension
- Department of Animal Science and Technology
- Department of Crop Science and Horticulture
- Department of Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Department of Food Science and Technology
- Department of Forestry and Wildlife Management
- Department of Soil Science and Land Resources Mgt
- FACULTY OF ARTS
- Department of English Language and Literature
- Department of History and International Studies
- Department of Igbo, African and Asian Studies
- Department of Linguistics
- Department of Modern and European Languages
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Religion and Human Relations
- Department of Music
- FACULTY OF EDUCATION
1 Department of Adult Education with Options
- Adult Education/Accountancy
- Adult Education/Economics
- Adult Education/Marketing
- Adult Education/Mass Communication
- Adult Education/Political Science
- Dept. of Educational Mgt & Policy with Options
- Educational Management & Policy/Accountancy
- Educational Mgt & Policy/Business Administration
- Educational Management & Policy/Health Education
- Educational Management & Policy/Political Science
- Educational Mgt & Policy/Computer Science
- Educational Mgt & Policy/Cooperative Economics & Mgt.
- Educational Management & Policy/Economics
- Educational Management & Policy/English
- Educational Management & Policy/Igbo
- Educational Management & Policy/History
- Dept of Early Childhood & Primary Education
- Dept of Educational Foundations with Options
- Educational Foundations/English
- Educational Foundations/Political Science
- Educational Foundations/Economics
- Educational Foundations/Igbo
- Educational Foundations/French
- Educational Foundations/History
- Dept of Guidance & Counselling with Options
- Guidance & Counselling
- Guidance & Counselling/Biology
- Guidance & Counselling/Health
- Dept of Human Kinetics and Health Education with Options
- Human Kinetics
- Health Education
- Department of Library and Information Science
- Department of Science Education with Options
- Science Education/Biology
- Science Education/Chemistry
- Science Education/Integrated Science
- Science Education/Mathematics
- Science Education/Physics
- Science Education/Computer Science
- Department of Vocational Education with Options
- Business Education/Accounting
- Business Education/Commerce & Cooperative
- Business Education/Secretarial Technology
- Technical Education – Building/Woodwork
- Technical Education – Auto Mechanical Technology
- Technical Education – Electrical/Electronics
- FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
- Business Administration
- Public Administration
- Cooperative Economic and Management
- Banking and Finance
- FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Mass Communication
- Political Science
The minimum academic qualification is exactly the same as for those applying for admission through UTME, namely, five O’ Level credits in the GCE, SSCE, TCII examinations or their equivalents. Faculty/Departmental requirements must also be fulfilled. Candidates with November/December 2017 results are not eligible to apply.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Visit the Registration point at the CEP Unit
- Generate RRR pin for application form fee payment
- Take the RRR printout, to any Bank within the Campus and make payment of N10,000 for application form. Then
- Go back to the registration point at the CEP Unit for online Registration.
RETURN OF COMPLETED FORMS
Candidate should then
- Proceed to the CEP General Office to submit a photocopy of the online application form printout with photocopies of the claimed qualifications securely attached to the application form on or before Friday, 29th September 2017.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Sale of forms commences on Tuesday 1st August, 2017 and ends on Friday 29th September, 2017.
- There will be a Pre-Admission Examination
- Candidate for Pre-Admission Examination must appear physically for Biometric Data Capturing at the CEP Unit Registration Centre from Friday 13th October to Friday 27th October 2017, at 8.00am daily.
- Failure to appear for Biometric Capturing automatically disqualifies a candidate from participating in the Pre-Admission Examination.
The CEP Pre-Admission Examination is scheduled for Saturday November 11th, 2017 by 8:00am.
PLEASE NOTE: ANY CANDIDATE WHO IS NOT CAPTURED WILL NOT TAKE THE EXAMINATION
Prof. Ada Sam Omenyi
The Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Joseph Ahaneku has commissioned a brand new bus for the Continuing Education Programme (CEP) unit of the University.
Prof. Ahaneku in his remarks during the commissioning, described the unit as one of the income generating units of the university. He noted that the bus would serve humanity and not just aid the services of the CEP unit, but also the entire university.
He added that the bus would give more impetus for more buses for the university work.
In her response, the Director of the CEP unit, Prof. Ada Sam-Omenyi thanked the Vice-Chancellor for the support he has been according the unit, while praying for God’s guidance and direction on him in piloting the affairs of the University.
The students of the Faculty of Engineering, UNIZIK will represent the South-East at the grand finale of the National Engineering Students Competition which would be held at the Nigeria Satellite Communication Ltd., Abuja. The scheduled date for the event is 7th August, 2017.
It should be recalled that the students won the first and second positions in the single category and third position in the group category at the South-East level of the competition, held at Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka.
Research Grants Scholarship and Fellowship Desk Reference for African Scholars is a comprehensive compilation of over two thousand foreign academic research grant sources, Scholarships and Fellowships opportunities available for African Scholars.
The publication compiles a one-stop DESK REFERENCE on most foreign research grants awarded every year, and they are directed to African Scholars. The grants are exclusively qualified by being an Africa-based scholar.
The publication offers the following benefits:
- Over 2000 listings of grants and fellowships. A single comprehensive information. A ONE stop source for grants/scholarships sourcing
- Links to contacts and website URL to apply online. Preliminary details of application datelines and benefit amounts.
- Ideal reference for any University or Institution of higher learning. Students and Lecturers now have easy access to information in getting research grants, scholarships and fellowship opportunities worldwide. An ideal collection for the Library.
The DESK REFERENCE comes in a hardbound volume with a CD-ROM. Immediate delivery on order. Price is N95,000 (ninety-five thousand naira) only.
Enquiries: Phone: 08023133172, 08053610533; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Association of Nigerian Universities Professional Administrators (ANUPA), UNIZIK Chapter has joined other Chapters of the Association for an annual workshop at the Nigerian National Merit Award Secretariat (Merit House) Auditorium, Abuja. The workshop took place between 30th July and 2nd August, 2017.
Below are the names of the staff shortlisted to attend the workshop:
- Ibemesi Joy – DR, Academic Planning Unit
- Anolue Ifeyinwa – DR, PG School
- Oguegbe Kate – DR, Hostel Management
- Igwegbe Chizoba – DR, Faculty of Education
- Ogonna Nwokeke – DR, Personnel Unit
- Umeatuegbu Justina – PAR, Faculty of Law
- Nzeadigo Francisca – PAR, Senate
- S.I. Okeke – PAR, Sandwich Unit
- Okoye Ngozi – SAR, Liaison Office, Abuja.
- Okolo Ogochukwu – SAR, Senate
- ilozue Perpetua – SAR, D1PR
- Chidolue Dorathy – SAR, Personnel Unit
- Obineche James – SAR, MICTU
- Eneh Chika – SAR, Admissions
The Department of Agricultural Economics and Extension has commenced a radio programme, tagged: “Farmers and Consumers” Forum, on UNIZIK 94.1F.M. The programme commenced on the 5th of July, 2017, aimed at bridging the gap between the town and the gown.
The initiative will serve as a medium to disseminate innovative information on agricultural technologies, and to keep farmers and members of the University Community abreast with current production trends, through the value chain, in order to improve production practices and enhanced yield. Also, technologies on sustainable livelihood activities and better consumption patterns would be availed.
There would be an open air interactions with professionals, farmer and the University Community. Moreso, special packages for listeners’ contributions will be received at the Department occasionally.
Furthermore, the initiative arose at a time like this, when the country is facing challenges of economic melt-down in which agricultural restructuring is the most effective alternative.
The Faculty of Education is set to hold its 2017 Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN) Induction on 5th September, 2017. Venue and time for event will be communicated later.
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria will hold its 47th Annual Accountants Conference from Monday, 16 October to Friday, 20 October, 2017.
As part of activities for the Conference, the Institute is organising an Essay Competition for students in any field of studies in all ICAN accredited tertiary institutions in Nigeria.
The title of the essay is “Accuracy and Integrity: The Unchanging Ican Motto in a rapidly changing world”.
JOINT UNIVERSITIES PRELIMINARY EXAMINATIONS BOARD (JUPEB)
ADMISSION INTO THE JOINT UNIVERSITIES PRELIMINARY EXAMINATIONS BOARD (JUPEB)
PROGRAMME FOR 2017/2018 SESSION
|Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB) Programme for 2017/2018 session.|
The programme leads to the award of JUPEB Certificate which enables candidates gain Direct Entry Admissions into Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka and other JUPEB-affiliated Universities in Nigeria and Abroad.
Eligible candidates must possess minimum of Credit Level Pass at maximum of two (2) sittings in at least 5 subjects (inclusive of English Language) relevant to the candidate’s desired course of study in the University.
The duration of the programme is one academic session of two semesters.
AVAILABLE SUBJECT COMBINATIONS
Candidates are to note that the above listed subject combinations meet the requirements (as applicable) for admission into Degree Programmes in the Sciences, Social Sciences, Management Sciences and Arts courses in all JUPEB-affiliated Universities in Nigeria including Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka
METHOD OF APPLICATION
i. Visit: portal.unizik.edu.ng/jupeb
ii. Click on create profile. Enter your Surname, First Name, Middle Name, Email, Phone number etc. and click on SUBMIT. A Registration number and password will be generated for you. Print or copy out both the Registration number and password for login and click on Finish to be redirected to the login page.
|iii. Enter the Registration Number as your username and the password as your password, and click on LOGIN.|
iv. Click on STEP ONE, click on Generate RRR. Your registration number name, email, phone number and application form fee of 15,000 naira will be displayed. Click on GENERATE.
v. Print out your invoice and proceed to bank to make the required payment of 15,000 naira. The account number is the RRR number on your invoice
vi. Visit the portal 2 hours after your bank payment, login with your Registration number and your password.
vii. Click on STEP TWO, click on Confirm Payment. Your registration number, name, e-mail and phone number will be displayed. Enter the RRR number and click on VERIFY PAYMENT. You will see a notification: “payment verification successful” or “Transaction pending”. If your payment verification is successful proceed to (Viii), else retry (Vii) until the payment verification is successful.
viii. Click on STEP THREE, click fill application form, fill out the application form and click on SUBMIT
ix. Print out your acknowledgment slip:
x. Applicants into 2017/2018 Preliminary Programme are advised to be checking our website from time to time for their admission status and other relevant information.
xi. All candidates are required to register for 2018 JAMB Direct Entry during the programme.
xii. All Candidates are required to use valid e-mail addresses and PERSONAL Telephone Numbers.
xiii. The forms must be filled and submitted online either immediately or within two weeks of accessing the website. No downloaded or printed copies of forms will be accepted.
xiv. Candidates are advised to follow the Application Instructions very carefully and ensure they select the Correct SUBJECT COMBINATIONS. Failure to do so may adversely affect the Candidate
Phone: 08122466487, 08071595824
Submission of online forms will close on Friday, 18th August, 2017 at 11.59 pm.
Dr. I. H. Isidienu, FCAI
CHANGE OF NAME
|S/N||Former Name||New Name||Dept|
|1.||Ifeajika, Ebele Isioma||Ikpi, Ebele Isioma||Office of the Dean, FSS|
Emeritus Profesor Ogum Bows Out
Emeritus Professor Godwin Enwelum Onyemaeke Ogum, KSP has passed on. He died after a brief illness on Friday, 14th July, 2017. Burial arrangements will be communicated later.
Philosophy Department Loses Student
The Department of Philosophy has lost one of their 100 Level Students, Agu Jennifer with registration no. 2016084033. The sad event took place on 10th of July, 2017.
Department of Sociology/Anthropology Loses Staff
The Catholic Cathedral Umuahia has written to inform the University Community of the death of Rev. Fr. Dr. Peter Ositadinma Akogu, Department of Sociology/Anthropology. The sad event took place on Monday, 24th of July, 2017. He will be buried on Monday, 7th of August, 2017 at the Catholic Cathedral, Umuahia, Abia State.
The Ag. Head, Department of Botany, Dr. Kenneth Udeh Ekwealor has lost his mother, Mrs. Regina Nkwute who died at the age of 81. She will be buried on 18th of August, 2017 in her village Umuobu Anam Otuocha, Anambra East Local government Area.
The Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Joseph Ahaneku, FAS regrets to announce the demise of:
- Timothy Anako Ikezue whose death occurred on Saturday, 29th of July, 2017. He will be buried on Friday, 22nd September, 2017 at his home town, Umueri in Ogbunike town. Until his death, he was the father of Dr. Clement Emeka Ikezue of the Department of Sociology/Anthropology.
- Cyprian Oguejiofor who died after a ghastly motor accident. He will be buried on Friday, 18th August, 2017 at his home town in umuohama Ukpor, Nnewi south Local Government Area, Anambra State. Until his death, he was the father of Oguejiofor Chinedu Hyacinth, a driver attached to the Office of the Vice-Chancellor.
- Adline Elebeobasi Okafor who died on the 13th of June, 2017 at the age of 84. Until her death, she was the mother of Mrs. Florence T. Sibeudu, Department of Nursing Science. Burial Arrangements: 31st August, 2017 – Wake keep at her family village, Owerre Ezukalla Orumba South L. G. A., Anambra State; 1st September, 2017 – Body leaves Iyi-Enu Mission Hospital Ogidi to the family compound, Owerre Ezukalla, Funeral Service at St. Mary’s Anglican Church, Owerre Ezukalla, Interment, condolence visits and entertainment at her family compound Ezukalla; 2nd September, 2017 – Thanksgiving Service at St. Mary’s Anglican Church, Owerre Ezukalla
VICE – CHANCELLOR’S SECURITY LINES
Please if you have any information on any matter bothering you ranging from extortion of money, sexual harassment, intimidation or bad work habit; kindly send a text to the following numbers: 08136006205, 08063786022, and the Vice-Chancellor will investigate and take action. Confidentiality is assured.
This Bulletin is printed and published by the Directorate of Information & Public Relations (DIPR) of the Vice – Chancellor’s office.