The Faculty of Agriculture of Nnamdi Azikiwe University came on stream in the 201 1/2012 academic year with programmes in seven departments receiving approval of the National Universities Commission:
- Agricultural Economics and Extension
- Animal Science and Technology
- Crop Science and Horticulture
- Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Food Science and Technology
- Forestry and Wildlife Management
- Soil Science and Land Resources Management.
Academic activities commenced in ﬁve Departments during the 2011/2012 academic year except Forestry and Wildlife Management and Soil Science and Land Resources Management, programmes which came on stream in 2012/2013 academic session due to some logistic reasons. As at 2013/2014 academic session, students are in third year of study in the ﬁve Departments which commenced in 2011/2012 whereas in the two Departments that commenced in the 2012/2013 session, the students are in their second year of study.